- What Is The Best Wifi Range Extender For Mac
- Best Wifi Range Extender For Home Use
- What Is The Best Wifi Range Extender For Mac
Facing issues receiving a reliable Wi-Fi signal in certain areas of your residence or workplace? Do you want to know how to extend WiFi range outside your working area? Then it may be the time to invest in an outdoor Wi-Fi repeater!
Sometimes despite making the best endeavors, one is unable to attain good Wi-Fi connectivity. Placing the router at a pivotal point in the house, re-checking the settings, upgrading the router – you have probably tried it all, and are yet unable to get it right!
WiFi Range Extender Wireless Repeater,ONTOTL 1200Mbps WiFi Extender Internet Signal Booster with 4 External Antennas,Full Coverage WiFi Signal Amplifier Dual External Band Available 2.4GHz and 5GHz by ONTOTL. The best Wi-Fi extenders work by placing them in areas where the Wi-Fi network starts to break down. They connect to the original network, the extend the signal so that you have more wireless.
The only worthwhile solution is a wireless extender. This device offers great coverage area, boosts the performance of the existing signal and keeps you connected across the corners of your home or office.
The next question in line is which outdoor wireless repeater should one procure? There is ample range in the market to get you all puzzled. Here is a compilation of the Outdoor Wi-Fi (Wireless) Extender Reviews of 2018. Browse through to seek a worthwhile solution!
Best Outdoor WiFi Extender
1. NETGEAR AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (EX3700-100NAS)
If there is one apparatus that has the potential to accelerate the connectivity of your iPad, laptop, smartphone – it’s Netgear AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender. It elevates the Wi-Fi range and speed to the limit of 750 Mbps. Its working is hassle free as the gadget is compatible with any router.
The fundamental characteristics of this long range outdoor Wi-Fi extender are:
- The wall plug designing makes its usage immensely convenient.
- Shows work compatibility with any Wi-Fi router.
- The external antennas add to the performance quotient.
- Availability of Wi-Fi hotspot via the Access Point Mode.
- Offers dual band Wi-Fi services to the speed of 750Mbps.
- It can work wonders for gadgets like iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
- It offers support to the new 802.11ac & b/g/n Wi-Fi devices.
- It embosses fast lane technology. Apart from high speed, it serves as an ideal product for HD streaming and gaming.
2. Alfa 2000mw Marine Long Range Outdoor Wi-Fi Extender
This outdoor Wi-Fi range extender stands apart in its efficiency. Its industrial designing augments the connectivity and productivity of your router. The convenient installation further adds to its worthiness.
Have a look at the salient features of the device:
- The product comes with a 5M USB cable, making it highly convenient for usage at any location.
- It offers compatibility with wireless data encryption with 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP and AES functions.
- It contains a support driver for Windows 98se, Me, 2000, XP, and Vista, Windows 7, Apple Mac and Linux.
- The device ensures you enjoy an extremely high-speed data range to the score of 150 Mbps.
3. Ubiquiti NanoStation locoM2 2.4GHz Indoor/Outdoor WiFi Range Extender
This product from Uniquiti Networks comes with a stamp of reliability. Its winning characteristics are its cost conduciveness and high proficiency. This apparatus certainly knows how to extend Wi-Fi range outside. It offers the customers an amazing 10 km of range performance.
The striking features of this extender include:
- The company has showcased keen interest towards its compact designing.
- The low-cost factor further adds to its appeal.
- The linking is comparatively faster and the range is much beyond your comprehension.
- The CPE is designed quite efficiently.
- The product offers a remote controlled reset option.
- There is also the additional virtue of POE injector/power supply.
4. TP-Link AC750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE200)
This product is progressive in technology and helps you widen your Wi-Fi horizon. Loaded with 11AC Wi-Fi technology, this device with its dual connections ensures that you acquire connectivity even in the so-called ‘inaccessible’ areas. With this purchase, you are certain to enjoy flawless wireless coverage.
Check out some of its interesting facts.
- This extender gives amazing coverage results with Echo/Alexa devices, WeMo & TP-Link Smart Plugs, TP-Link Smart Bulbs, the iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPad 4, and PlayStation 4 – the list is endless!
- There is provision for a smart signal indicator. It ascertains that the customer can avail the best connectivity in the best location.
- The outdoor Wi-Fi repeater stands compatible with any router.
- Its high-speed mode enables outstanding HD streaming and gaming facilities.
- The setting up process is rather simple, allowing freedom of movement even after the initial installation.
- The company offers a 2-year warranty on the product.
- Technical assistance is at your beck and call at any hour of the day.
5. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Desktop Wi-Fi Range Extender (EX7000-100NAS)
The outdoor wireless repeater from Netgear augments your Wi-Fi experience to 1900Mbps. Any standard router is sufficient for this device to offer you a splendid Wi-Fi feel.
Here are a few aspects to lure you towards purchase.
- If you are the proud owner of iPhone 6S, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, iPad Air 2, or MacBook Pro; this repeater is ideal for providing you with a flawless coverage.
- The dual band facilitates a phenomenal speed touching 190 Gbps.
- The 700 mW amplifiers and 5dBi antennas maximize Wi-Fi coverage to its highest potential.
- Wi-Fi productivity is accelerated by the presence of a dual-core 1DHz processor.
- The presence of 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports ensures you remain connected with all your wired devices.
- The device works on Fast Lane Technology to offer a flawless experience of HD streaming and gaming.
6. Linksys AC1200 MAX Wi-Fi Gigabit Range Extender/Repeater (RE6500)
The repeater from Linksys surpasses wireless – N technology in speed by showcasing 4.3X faster performance. Its universal compatibility, elimination of dead spots, and smooth set up are only some of the factors supplementing its grandeur. There is a lot more to this outdoor Wi-Fi range extender, you don’t want to miss!
The specifications of the gadget are:
- The router incorporates 2.4GHz & 5GHz dual bands and next generation wireless AC.
- Displays the unique feature of detachable antennas ensuring unparallel coverage.
- Be it any router, this gadget gives you proficient results with one and all.
- Installation is very convenient without any requirement of CD.
- The innovative Crossband Technology ascertains the reception of a consistent signal throughout the user domain.
- The presence of four Gigabit Ethernet ports provides 10 times faster connectivity in contrast to its conventional counterparts.
7. BearExtender Outdoor RV & Marine High Power USB WiFi Antenna
The product utilizes par excellence technology with built-in outdoor WiFi antenna to give customers an incredible Wi-Fi experience at an affordable price.
Have a look at its exceptional features.
- This product only works for a computer connected to it through a USB cable. So do not mistake it to be an extender for multiple devices.
- The extender is ideal for Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8/8.1 and Windows 10. However, shows no compatibility with Windows RT tablet, Mac OS X, iOS or Android.
- It requires no AC power supply for operations. Long range 802.11n 2.4 GHz USB Wi-Fi booster with built-in 10 dBi directional antenna and integrated premium shielded 16 ft USB cable provides sufficient power.
- This product is befitting for boat, RVs and camping usage, thanks to certified anti corrosion, anti-UV, dust resistant and water resistant characteristics.
- You have varied mounting choices in the form of a detachable tabletop tripod, adjustable metal pole mounting band, and velcro pole mounting strap.
Investing in any new appliance always requires research. Hope these reviews prove worthy to finalize your purchase of a long range outdoor WiFi extender. If you don’t wish to go wrong, check the reviews on Amazon for the specific wireless extender you have in mind. After all, staying connected, always, is mandatory!
Reach Those Wi-Fi Dead Zones
If you're trying to catch an episode of Stanger Things while taking in some rays but can't get an adequate poolside Wi-Fi signal, don't be so quick to run out and buy a new router. Chances are, a range extender will get the job done. Aptly named, range extenders pick up your router's Wi-Fi signal, amplify it, and rebroadcast the boosted signal. They are fairly easy to install and come in various shapes, sizes, and speeds, but they have their limitations; they are typically half as fast as your primary router, and they create a separate extended network that makes seamless roaming difficult.
Depending on the size and layout of your home, a mid-to-high-end router may provide all the Wi-Fi coverage you'll need, but for homes built with dense materials like brick, concrete, plaster, and metal, some level of signal degradation is almost a certainty. Likewise, homes with multiple floors and many walls are more susceptible to signal loss than a one-story home with an open floor plan. In some cases you can relocate your router to a central location to deliver a stronger signal to those areas that were previously out of reach (dead zones). In most homes, however, the router's location is tied to the room where the internet enters the house, which means relocating the router will likely require running Ethernet cable to the desired area. Range extenders provide a relatively easy way to deliver Wi-Fi without having to run cables.
Finding the Right Extender for Your Router
When choosing a range extender it's important to choose one that matches your router's specs. For example, if you have a dual-band AC1900 router, get a dual-band AC1900 extender (or better). If your router supports Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) data streaming, which provides enhanced performance by sending data to compatible clients simultaneously rather than sequentially, look for an extender that supports this technology if you want to extend your MU-MIMO network.
Desktop or Plug-In?
There are two types of range extenders; desktop and plug-in. Most desktop extenders look just like a typical wireless router and are typically equipped with external adjustable antennas, multiple LAN ports for connecting to devices like TVs and gaming consoles, and USB ports for attaching to peripherals such as storage drives and printers. Plug-in extenders are much smaller than their desktop counterparts and are inserted right into a wall outlet. Some models have external antennas, while others use internal antennas to present an unobtrusive profile. Due to their size, plug-in extenders usually only have a single LAN port and lack USB connectivity, making them less versatile but more affordable than desktop extenders. If you can't afford to sacrifice a wall outlet, look for a plug-in model that offers a pass-through outlet.
What Is The Best Wifi Range Extender For Mac
Best Wifi Range Extender For Home Use
Not very long ago, setting up a range extender required a bit of technical expertise and a good deal of patience to find the best location (ideally halfway between the router and the dead zone). But most of today's routers and range extenders support WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), which makes pairing the two as simple as pressing a couple of buttons, naming your new extended network, and creating a network password. Moreover, nearly all manufacturers offer web-based setup wizards and illustrated instructions that will help you configure basic wireless settings. Some (but not all) extenders are equipped with LED status indicators that tell you if the extender is too far from the router. Extenders can also offer advanced router-like features such as guest networking, access scheduling, and media server capabilities.
Know the Limitations of Extenders
While fairly easy to configure, range extenders have their limitations. They use a separate network SSID that you have to log into as you move through the house, and Wi-Fi speeds are typically half of what you get from your main router. Most dual-band extenders use both radio bands to transmit data to and from the router, which means devices connecting to the extender are competing for bandwidth with the router. To help alleviate network congestion, some manufacturers let you dedicate a band for router-to-extender communications. Netgear's Fastlane technology and Amped Wireless's BoostBand technology are good examples.
When to Go With a Mesh-Based Wi-Fi System
If you're considering upgrading your network with all new hardware, it's worth looking into a mesh-based Wi-Fi system before you spend money on a traditional router. Wi-Fi systems are designed to blanket your home with wireless coverage and are made up of several networking components, including a main router and a series of satellite modules, or nodes, that you place throughout your home. They are all part of a single wireless network and share the same SSID and password, which means you can roam throughout your house without having to log into an extended network. Whereas range extenders communicate with the router via the 2.4GHz or 5GHz radio bands, most Wi-Fi system satellites use mesh technology to talk to the router, and to each other. Each node serves as a hop point for other nodes in the system, which helps the nodes farthest from the router to deliver a strong Wi-Fi signal as they talk to other nodes and don't rely on one-to-one communications with the router.
Wi-Fi systems are ideal for users with little or no technical knowledge. They can be installed in minutes and typically come with a user-friendly mobile app that walks you through the installation process with easy-to-follow illustrated instructions. With prices ranging from around $130 for a single-node system to as high as $500 for a three-piece system, Wi-Fi systems don't come cheap and aren't very cost effective if you're just looking to fill in a dead zone. In comparison, plug-in range extenders range in price from around $70 up to around $100, and desktop range extenders go for around $70 up to $170 or so, depending on features.
What Is The Best Wifi Range Extender For Mac
For more on optimizing your home's Wi-Fi network, check out our guide to setting up your Wi-Fi router, and 12 ways to protect your Wi-Fi network.
Best Wi-Fi Extenders Featured in This Roundup:
Amped Wireless Athena-EX High Power AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE2600M) Review
Pros: Fast throughput in testing. Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) enabled. Lots of ports and settings. Easy to install.
Cons: Expensive. MU-MIMO throughput is middling.
Bottom Line: It may be pricey, but the Amped Wireless Athena-EX RE2600M range extender is packed with features, supports MU-MIMO data streaming, and delivers very good throughput.Read Review
Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi Range Extender (EX7300) Review
Pros: Solid throughput in testing. Supports Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) streaming. Easy to install.
Cons: Bulky. No pass-through outlet.
Bottom Line: The Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi Range Extender (EX7300) installs in minutes, is one of the fastest plug-in range extenders we've tested, and supports MU-MIMO data streaming.Read Review
TP-Link AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE450) Review
Pros: Easy setup. Very good throughput and range performance in testing.
Cons: Bulky. No pass-through outlet.
Bottom Line: The TP-Link AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE450) delivers some of the fastest throughput scores we've seen, and it's a snap to install.Read Review
Amped Wireless High Power AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender With MU-MIMO (REC44M) Review
Pros: Solid throughout performance in testing. Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) capable. Easy to install. Lots of settings.
Cons: Bulky. No pass-through outlet. Unsightly external antennas.
Bottom Line: The Amped Wireless REC44M brings dual-band Wi-Fi and MU-MIMO streaming to areas of your home that your router can't reach. It's not the prettiest range extender out there, but it's a solid performer.Read Review
D-Link Wi-Fi Dual Band Range Extender DAP-1650 Review
Pros: Reasonably priced. Strong 5GHz performance. Four Gigabit LAN ports. Many configuration options.
Cons: Middling 2.4GHz range. USB port is only 2.0.
Bottom Line: The D-Link AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Range Extender DAP-1650 is an affordable four-port range extender that also works as a media server and an access point and offers solid 5GHz performance.Read Review
Amped Wireless AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE1750A) Review
Pros: Easy to install. Generous port selection. Lots of management options. Good 2.4GHz throughput performance.
Cons: Expensive. Middling 5GHz throughput in our tests.
Bottom Line: The Amped Wireless AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE1750A) is a pricey dual-band range model that has lots of I/O ports and management options, and delivers solid 2.4GHz throughput.Read Review
Linksys RE6700 AC1200 Amplify Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender Review
Pros: Simple installation. Pass-through outlet. Good 2.4GHz performance.
Cons: Bulky. Light on features. Middling 5GHz range performance.
Bottom Line: The Linksys RE6700 AC1200 Amplify Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender is a plug-in device that offers relatively good throughput, but comes up short in terms of features and 5GHz range performance in testing.Read Review
Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream AC1900+ Wi-Fi Range Extender Review
Pros: Supports Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) streaming. Easy to install. Solid close-proximity throughput performance.
Cons: Lacks pass-through outlet. Bulky. Middling range performance.
Bottom Line: The Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream AC1900+ Wi-Fi Range Extender is easy to install and supports MU-MIMO streaming. While its range performance is middling, it works well in close proximity.Read Review
TP-Link AC1900 Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE580D) Review
Pros: Good throughput performance in testing. Multiple wired ports. Easy to install and configure.
Cons: Pricey. Lacks USB connectivity. No parental controls.
Bottom Line: The TP-Link AC1900 Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE580D) brings solid Wi-Fi and wired connectivity to areas of your home that your router can't reach.Read Review