Software uninstallers can save you a huge amount of time and hassle, and some of the best are available to download completely free.
- Best Free Mac Uninstaller
- App Cleaner
- Best Software Uninstaller For Windows 10 2018
- Best Uninstaller For Mac
Uninstalling a Windows program is not nearly as simple as it should be. On Android or Mac, all you need to do is remove or delete the program from the Applications folder. On Windows, you can’t just hit ‘Delete’ — you need to run the software’s uninstaller. The useless software will cost precious disk space on our Mac. IMyMac-Mac Uninstaller helps you to completely uninstall the unneeded application with one click. >Revo Uninstaller is a freeware uninstall utility. With its advanced and fast algorithm to scan before and after uninstall of an application you can remove unnecessary files, folders and registry keys left over in your computer. Permanently Activate Windows 10/8/8.1/7 All Version without Software or key 100% Legal latest 2018 - Duration: 4:08. Daya D Tech 349,803 views.
When you want to remove a program, you probably reach for Windows' built-in 'Add or remove programs' option. It's okay for removing the odd program here and there, but all too often you'll be presented with a message telling you that some components couldn't be removed, or the uninstall has failed.
A third-party software uninstaller will quickly scan your system for all installed programs, and let you select several at once for removal. Once they've been purged, the software will then perform another scan to track down and wipe out temporary files and old registry entries, freeing up valuable space and ensuring you don't run into problems when installing a newer version of the same software later on.
Software uninstallers also provide a handy way to manage browser extensions and plugins, and remove any that you don't use. You'll also be able to empty your recycle bin with a single click, and delete your browser history.
1. IObit Uninstaller
Thorough and carefully designed – the best free uninstaller for Windows
IObit Uninstaller gets right down to business, scanning your system for installed software the moment it starts. Its smart, clear interface displays a list of all your installed software, with extra tabs if you're only interested in the newest programs (if you've tried something new and don't like it), and the biggest ones (which will have the greatest impact on system performance).
If you've already uninstalled a program but suspect it's left mucky footprints across your drive, IObit's deep scanner can hunt down junk including broken shortcuts and caches created when installing software updates.
IObit Uninstaller also takes a look at your web browsers to identify any plugins that could be uninstalled to speed up your surfing. It currently supports Firefox and Internet Explorer, but not Chrome or Edge. Each extension is accompanied by a user rating to help you decide whether to keep it.
There's a file shredder thrown in too, which doesn't really fit with the premise of an uninstaller, but all the other tools are relevant and useful.
All in all, IObit is the best uninstaller you can download, and its thorough scanning makes it the equal of many premium programs.
Review and where to download: IObit Uninstaller
2. Wise Program Uninstaller
Wise Program Uninstaller is light as a feather and super fast
Wise Program Uninstaller is a portable app, so you don't have to worry about it leaving mess of its own, though it offers you a free trial of a product called Spyhunter that you might prefer to decline.
It's a very quick and lean little uninstaller that scans your system for already installed programs and displays ratings to show you how other users feel about them. You probably know what you want to erase, but it's a thoughtful touch.
Your choices for each program are Safe and Forced uninstall (some also have a Repair option, but only if it's part of the software in the first place).
Safe uninstall is simply a way to access the program's own uninstaller, whereas Forced performs a deep scan to track down scrap files and broken registry entries. It shows you everything it's identified before deleting them, but this doesn't serve much purpose; you're unlikely to be able to pick out an individual Registry entry and say 'Hang on, I need that!'
The main downside of its small size is that it can't log new programs as you install them, but as a program uninstaller it's well designed and not bulked out with unnecessary system tools.
Best Free Mac Uninstaller
Download here:Wise Program Uninstaller
Portable app GeekUninstaller is ideal for mopping up after messy software
GeekUninstaller is another free portable uninstaller, weighing in at just 2.5MB. Although a 'Pro' version is advertised on developer's site, this is actually a completely different program called Uninstall Tool - GeekUninstaller is completely free,
It performs a speedy system scan and provides the usual options: regular or forced uninstall. If you don't recognize something, GeekUninstaller will Google it for you - a simple but welcome addition that saves you loading up a browser.
That's pretty much it - there's no deep scan for remnants of previously uninstalled programs, and no monitoring for new installations, but if you're simply after something to clean up as you go, uninstallers don't come smaller and simpler than GeekUninstaller. It comes in over 30 languages too, which is undoubtedly a bonus.
4. Revo Uninstaller Free
An effective uninstaller, but we could live without its optimization tools
Revo Uninstaller Free's icon-strewn interface is colorful but cluttered, and includes tools like a startup program manager, plus links to Windows' own system tools (including defrag and on-screen keyboard). These really aren't necessary, and just distract from an otherwise solid free uninstaller.
Revo Uninstaller Free offers four uninstall options: built-in, safe (built-in with additional registry scanning), moderate (with extra scanning of common locations for leftover files) and advanced (moderate mode, followed by a thorough scanning of your whole system). There's also a strange 'Hunter Mode', which lets you uninstall programs by dragging their icons onto a crosshair on your desktop. It's much more work than selecting the program from a list - a metaphor gone rogue.
Unlike some uninstallers, Revo begins by creating a system restore point, which is reassuring. It can't log new installations, though - if you want that, you might like to give Revo's Pro version a whirl for 30 days. It's worlds away from the free edition's late-90s styling, and will give your drives a good scrubbing.
Review and where to download: Revo Uninstaller Free
Everybody has been a victim of a stubborn program on more than one occasion. Regardless of whether you have deliberately installed it or it has just crept in with a bundle of other installed software. The thing about them that frustrates, even more, is their tendency to pop-up with notifications every now and then. Irritating, right?
The best way to uninstall the software manually would first uninstall the software and remove all the residual files. But who would take the pain of doing this manually? So, to get rid of all files and software in one go, you can use third-party uninstaller software. In this article, we have discussed some of the best uninstaller software for Windows in 2019.
Best Uninstaller for Windows 10, 8, 7
1. Advanced System Optimizer
When we talk about uninstaller, Advanced System Optimizer should always be counted in. It is a great tool to get rid of unwanted apps along with the associated files.
Features Of Advanced System Optimizer:
- As the name suggests, the tool is a one-stop solution when it comes to maintenance and optimization. Besides uninstalling unwanted apps, it can:
- Remove useless junk files, app cache, and other unwanted files.
- optimizes your computer.
- optimize your gaming experience with one click
- Scan and update your drivers for smooth functioning
- Detect and block all types of malware
Supported Versions: 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
2. Ashampoo Uninstaller 8
Ashampoo Uninstaller is one of the best Windows uninstaller software, it helps you eliminate undesired apps, toolbars, and extensions, and in turn, improves your PC overall health.
Features of Ashampoo Uninstaller 8:
- It removes unwanted software, browser extensions or toolbars with a single click.
- The tool monitors every installation so that it could remove all the files of the app when needed.
- The tool comes with an inbuilt snapshot feature which helps compare various system states and detect any changes made by installers or apps.
- It can permanently remove all the sensitive data during uninstallation.
- It runs automatic leftover file scans even for default uninstallations
- The listing of apps and programs are not descriptive.
- Also, the tool is not available for free however has a trial version.
3. IObit Uninstaller
Efficient, simple and user-friendly IObit Uninstaller is one of the best software uninstaller available for Windows platform.
Features of IObit Uninstaller:
- It easily uninstalls software and, it also removes the redundant registry entries, files, and folders.
- It works in two steps, first, it uninstalls the program and does a powerful scan to look for leftover files and folders.
- It can also remove toolbars, plugins, browser add-on and extensions.
- It can also help you to remove the Windows Store apps that you don’t use anymore.
- The best feature of the software is the right-click context menu integration. If you want to uninstall a program, all you need to do is, right-click on the program on your desktop and choose to remove it with IObit Uninstaller.
- It creates a System Restore point before making any changes and also has a file shredder, can force-remove a program, supports batch uninstalls.
- It has no option to remove a program entry from the list of installed software.
- After installing the software, another IObit product tries to install on the system.
Supported Versions:10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and 2000.
Must Read: Best Video Capture Software
4. Geek Uninstaller
Due to its compact size and innumerable features, Geek Uninstaller is considered to be one of the best options to uninstall the unwanted software on Windows.
Features of Geek Uninstaller:
- It can even remove the unwanted, stubborn and corrupted software forcefully.
- It doesn’t require installation.
- It displays the list of all the installed programs in an organized HTML file.
- With the list of program, it also shows the other details like the date on which a program was installed, space it is occupying on the disk.
- It lets you easily switch between uninstalling desktop apps and Windows Store apps through the View menu.
- It doesn’t create a restore point before a program is removed
- All features only work in the professional version.
Supported Versions: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, as well as in most Windows Server versions
Must Read: 7 Best Video Editor Software For Windows 2019
5. Revo Uninstaller
One of the best uninstallers for Windows, Revo Uninstaller is a popular uninstaller for Windows which can uninstall and remove all the traces of the software installed.
Features of Revo Uninstaller
When you right-click on a program on the software, it gives you options to uninstall it, remove its entry from the list, search for it online, open its install location, and open its registry key and more.
- It can optionally remove system updates and system components
- Revo also has an autorun/startup manager, junk cleaner, and privacy cleaner.
- The interface is clutter-free and easy to use.
- It creates a system restore point before uninstalling a software.
- It doesn’t support batch uninstalls.
- It is unable to remove partially installed programs
Supported Versions: 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server
6. Advanced Uninstaller PRO
Advanced Uninstaller Pro is one of the best uninstaller software for Windows as it has several features such as searching for leftover registry items, context menu integration, and more.
Features of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
- Advanced Uninstaller not only uninstalls a program but also has tools like a startup manager, file shredder, junk cleaner, Control Panel applet remover, duplicate file finder, and registry cleaning tool.
- When a software is uninstalled, software scours leftover files.
- You can set the software to monitor every software installed as it will help you uninstall a software on a later date.
- It backs up and restores programs.
- You can search for the installed programs by name, size, additional comments left by other users
- It doesn’t create a restore point before uninstalling.
- The program is cluttered with other tools.
Supported Versions: 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP are supported
Must Read: 10 Essential Software For Your Windows Computer
7. Comodo Programs Manager
Well, you might have heard about Comodo which has one of the best Antivirus software, but they also have an incredible program uninstaller for Windows called Comodo Programs Manager.
Features of Comodo Programs Manager
- It allows you to uninstall programs, drivers, services and installs made with Windows Update
- It can turn off Windows features and install updates from Windows Update.
- You can search through and filter a program by name, company, size, and usage.
- It can detect a partially installed program.
- The program also alerts you if it detects virus while installing a program.
- It doesn’t work in Windows 8 or Windows 10
- After installation, the system needs to be restarted.
Supported Versions: 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP are supported, as well as Windows Server 2008 and Server 2003
8. Wise Program Uninstaller
One of the best uninstaller software for Windows, Wise Program Uninstaller is an easy way to get rid of redundant software and their leftovers.
Features of Wise Program Uninstaller
- It removes the programs from the list which are uninstalled and still showing on the list.
- It offers to uninstall the program in two ways: Safe Uninstall and Force Uninstall.
- You can create a TXT file that contains a list of all the installed programs with their name, install path, version number, installation date, and size.
- It allows you to open Registry editor by right-clicking a program.
- It allows you to enable context menu integration so you can uninstall programs from their desktop shortcut
- It doesn’t create a restore point before uninstalling.
- It doesn’t support batch uninstalls.
Supported Versions: 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, as well as with Windows Server 2008 and Server 2003
9. Puran Uninstaller
Last but not least, Puran Uninstaller is also considered to be the best uninstaller software for Windows as it checks for a program’s developer and confirms that it is not malicious.
Features of Puran Uninstaller
- If a software is not getting removed, Puran uninstaller searches for every reference and registry files to remove it from the computer.
- It provides you with a button to get more info about a program installed, in case you want to inquire about a software installed.
- It is small in size and easy to use.
- Programs can be sorted by name, version number, publisher, install date, and size.
- It has clear and decluttered interface.
Best Software Uninstaller For Windows 10 2018
- It shows an ad at the bottom of the program.
- Batch uninstall isn’t very user-friendly.
Supported Versions: 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2008/2003 are supported
Must Read: 10 Best Disk Cloning Software for Windows
These are some of the best uninstaller software for Windows 10, 8, 7 and older versions. Try them and let us know which one works best for you.
Best Uninstaller For Mac
For more tech updates, subscribe to our Newsletters!