Part 22 – Google OCR
- Scanned results can be saved as plain text doc or can be exported directly to MS word. All that FreeOCR requires is a.Net Framework to run. This is according to me, is the best free OCR software for Windows operating system.
- So, these were some free OCR softwares. I hope the list of Top 7 free OCR software for Windows & Mac helped you in some ways. Comment below the OCR software you liked most. And if you know about other OCR application, please mention in the comment box.
Features and Functions:
Best Ocr Software For Windows
Best Free OCR Software For Windows & MAC. In Simple words, A OCR Software is a tool to convert your handwritten text, images into a digitalized form. Sometimes, We have a book or bill which was typed or printed many years ago and Now you want it in a digital form without retyping it. Then, OCR Software can be very useful in that case. If you purchased a new scanner, then it may have been bundled with OCR software. Otherwise, OCR software ain't cheap and it certainly ain't free.
·Google Docs has integrated OCR and uses the OCR engine used by Google.
·Once the file is uploaded you can get the new text document in the Google Docs.
·It is an all-in one online converter.
·It allows you to upload and convert with the help of mobiles and digital cameras.
· It does not have any limit to the number of pages that can be uploaded.
· It is an integrated OCR
· If you have an account in Google, you can easily access this software.
· Thisfree OCR software for Maccannot scan directly from your scanner.
· You need to scan it as an image or PDF file.
· Sometimes has difficulty in understanding the web addresses.
1. “A free Google application that converts scanned documents to text in PDF”.http://www.yellowwebmonkey.com/how/blog/category/review-blogs-3
2. “Google Docs now has OCR capabilities when you upload a PDF file. When you go to upload a file, it'll give you the option to convert it to text.”http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/whats-the-best-free-ocr-software-for-mac.683060/
3. “that! It's free, it's easy, and Google OCR is pretty darn good! I had to translate an instruction manual in German, and G.Docs has allowed me to upload the PDF, translate to text, then translation into English! Very sweet, and almost instantaneous.Very good alternative that not many people are aware of.”http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/whats-the-best-free-ocr-software-for-mac.683060/