Here is a list of the Best Free MAC Cleaner software.Using these you can choose the option to clean MAC of the unnecessary files.These contain several tools to get rid of unwanted junk, like: app cleaner for MAC to clean MAC apps, memory clean MAC to clean memory of your MAC, clean up MAC hard drive, and Disk clean MAC.
Best Mac cleaner for Mac OS X 10.7 - clean up your Mac system junk files (caches, logs, trash) and remove unwanted applications completely for more disk space and better system performance. Free download Mac cleaner. About CCleaner for Mac CCleaner also know as Crap Cleaner, removes Unwanted files quickly and easily from your computer. CCleaner is a freeware software optimization and privacy application for Microsoft Windows.
Mojave Cache Cleaner is an award-winning general purpose tool for macOS X. SCC makes system maintenance simple with an easy point-and-click interface to many macOS X functions. Novice and expert users alike will appreciate the powerful toolset SCC provides. Mojave Cache Cleaner is one of the world's leading maintenance tools, with millions of downloads around the globe.
Mojave Cache Cleaner Features
- Maintenance. Mojave Cache Cleaner is a one-stop solution for all of your macOS X maintenance needs. Intel or PPC, Tiger or Mojave, SCC has the tools to keep your system running at its best.
- Optimization. Mojave Cache Cleaner can improve system performance by tuning Internet and file cache settings, implementing RAM disks, and cleaning out various cached and stale data.
- Customization. Mojave Cache Cleaner lets you control your macOS X experience. Turn off Spotlight or Dashboard, or turn on a Login Items folder.
- Disaster Planning. Mojave Cache Cleaner lets you create a bootable installer USB drive from your Mojave download that will boot and install Mojave on any supported machine.
- Antivirus. Mojave Cache Cleaner helps protect your system from malware. SCC adds three additional layers of malware protection to Mojave, and ships with the powerful ClamAV antivirus built in.
I want to wipe my current Leopard installation and install Snow Leopard on my mac. What is the correct way to achieve this?
It seems like I would need to boot into some disk utility in order to format it, but I'm not quite sure how to do that.
Mac Os X Snow Leopard Everything Mac
- Insert the Snow Leopard DVD.
- Restart your computer.
- While your computer is restarting, hold down the alt/option key. It will then ask you which drive you want to boot from. Select your DVD drive.
- From there you can select Disk Utlity from the Utilities menu and format the drive, or choose the 'erase and install' option.
Boot from the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Install DVD, and from the 'Utilities' menu, choose 'Disk utility'. From there you can reformat your hard disk. After doing so, quit Disk Utility and you can perform a clean install.
EDIT: Apparently there is also an 'Erase and Install' option. (I haven't used this before myself). See more details here.
Here's an official apple support article about all the installation options available.
It occurred to me after posting this that, while your question clearly states you want to format your disk, I wanted to mention that this will erase all data on your disk, including applications and your data. So make a backup first. Alternatively, you could just perform an 'Archive and Install' which will give you a clean OS, but leave your data and applications in tact.Josh