Identifying the best personal finance software for you based on which platform you use the most (desktop, online, Mac, iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, etc.) can be a daunting undertaking, especially due to the hundreds of budgeting, personal finance, money management, and savings software sectors. Envelope budgeting is a simple, systematic way of saving to pay bills while maintaining a personal budget, and it's being implemented in some very good personal budgeting software these days.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
※ FEATURED BY APPLE in “NEW AND NOTEWORTHY”,'WHAT'S HOT' ※
※ Note: You can enter up-to 20 transactions in free version. Upgrade to full version is available from within the app.
Budget Envelopes is a simple and effective tool for your family to stay on budget !
Envelope Budgeting is most popular method for visualizing and maintaining a budget.This app makes your envelope budgeting process easy and effective.The concept is simple,you allocate what you earn and spend what you allocate.The goal of Budget Envelopes App is to give you control of your finances and thus prevent you from overspending and help you stay out of debt.
- Create virtual envelopes for unlimited number of budget categories.
- Allocate funds to the envelopes.
- View what is left and the how much is spent from the envelope.
- View the monthly budget and the money spent for that month.
- Withdraw/Depsit/Transfer money from envelopes
- Export all transactions in envelope into CSV format .
- Color coded Progress bars on each envelope to keep track of spent/remaining money in each envelope.
- Share expense and income information within a family using multiple devices.
- Share envelopes between the members of the whole family and stay in sync.
※Charts and Reports ※
- 2D pie chart view of expense by envelope and income by
- 2D bar chart view of expense vs income
- Bar chart view of income and expense for last six months.
- Detailed 2D Pie chart view of income and expense reports for any day/week/month/year.
※Print Charts andReports ※
- Print reports from the device directly with any Air print supported printer.
- Export reports into PDF and email the PDF report.
- Create different income categories with customized built in icons.
- View projected income and actual income.
- Add/edit/delete recurring transactions.
- Schedule recurring transactions to repeat weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly on
a start date that you choose.
- Schedule recurring income transactions.
- Pass code protection to keep envelope information private.
- One click Backup /restore.
- Create/edit/delete income categories and payee list.
- Optimized for retina display.
- Simple, clean, intuitive user interface .
- Customizable backgrounds.
- Print /Email PDF reports.
- Sync data across multiple devices.
Your good reviews and suggestions help us to release updates and serve you better.
If you like this app please consider rating/reviewing it on app store.
- Budget Envelopes is a simple and effective tool for your family to stay on budget! Envelope Budgeting is most popular method for visualizing and maintaining a budget.This app makes your envelope budgeting process easy and effective.The concept is simple,you allocate what you earn and spend what you allocate.The goal of Budget Envelopes App is to give you control of your finances and thus prevent you from overspending and help you stay out of debt.
- Budget Tool for the New Year - Chicago Tribune. Get The Most Out Of Your Money. Use the Mvelopes budget app to help make more informed budgeting decisions and future plans.
1. Fixed issues with popovers on iPad in portrait orientation .
2. Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
I have only been using this app for a couple of weeks now and I like it, but I have a couple if suggestions. I would like to be able to change the amount that goes in the envelope without changing past ones. For example: I had a budget of $125 every two weeks. I am now realizing that I don't need that much and want to change it to $100 for future deposits. When I do that it changed the past ones as well. I also tried some other things to get around that, but nothing worked. I would just delete and start a new one, but that brings me to my next issue. I can't change the order of the envelopes. This is an envelope I use often and I would like it to be toward the top. If there is a way to do these, I haven't figured it out yet. As if right now I don't know if it's worth to buy the full version. Maybe if they fix these problems. And hopefully I don't have the issues some if the other reviewers are having.
Syncs but doesn't recognize upgrade on all devices
I initially downloaded the lite version of this app on my iphone. I liked it so I decided to upgrade for $2.99. I did the upgrade on my ipad, and got the transactions to sync from my iphone. I am over the 20 transactions limit (from the lite version) and have no trouble entering new transactions on my ipad and syncing them to my iphone, but the app won't let me enter any new transactions from my iphone. it asks if I want to upgrade, which I already did! I emailed customer support last week, but have heard nothing. I would have given it 5 stars if it didn't have this bug!
This App is AWEFUL!
Envelope Budget System
At first, I thought this would be a useful app. I thought it was a great idea, I love the idea of using envelopes to stay on budget, however, some 'reoccurring' expenses/incomes are twice per month, as opposed to every 2 weeks, but there is NOT a selection for that. There is 'bi-weekly' and monthly, and every 2 months, 3 months, etc., but not twice per month. This doesn't work for me.
Secondly, because I thought it would work nicely for me, I upgraded to the $2.99 version. Well, I just threw my money away!
To sync between my ipad and iphone, the sync screen wanted me to create a login and/or login. I didn't remember creating a login before, I've only had this for a few days, so I clicked on the create login button. It asks for your email address twice and a password twice. I typed my info in, and made sure each line was accurate, and clicked 'create' and the reply came back that my email was invalid. SO, I tried it again. And again, and again. If you have typed your email correctly, how can it be invalid? SO, I tried a different email address that I have. No luck there either. So, I began to think, what did I do wrong. So, I tried to simply login... maybe when I bought the app it made me create a login that I didn't remember. So, I typed in my normal stuff, but nope. Email address and password combo incorrect.
I want my money back!
Don't buy this app!!! It has TOO MANY BUGS!
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
If you’re looking for the best budgeting software for Mac, you probably already have a few ideas about what you want, whether it’s family-focused, helpful for business, centered on finance, or an app does it all. Well, it’s a good thing our list has a little bit of everything, then: Check it out to find your ideal budget solution.
If you want a budget app for Mac that covers all the bases, then Moneydance is a great place to begin. The software lets you see all of your accounts at a glance and allows you to record detailed transactions. The latest updates to Moneydance have increased its features, added more mobile compatibility, and turned the app into a powerhouse for tracking every aspect of your budget, including more complex investments. It also connects to your bank accounts and offers free bill pay services so you can stay on top of your monthly expenses.
You can buy Moneydance for $49.99
You Need a Budget has quickly grown from a financial management app to one of the strongest financial brands and possible the best budget app for Mac, a suite of powerful products that manage to avoid being intimidating through their friendly interfaces and smart tool management. The latest version includes cloud syncing capabilities and long-term bill planning and collection. It’s an ideal match for a young family or someone who wants to move their money management fully onto a Mac.
You can download YNAB here
3. OmniFocus 2
At first glance, OmniFocus doesn’t really look like a budget app, and that’s because it’s a whole lot more. If you already have a budget system in place but would appreciate an organization and notification system to help you manage your money a little more effectively, this is the app for you. It specializes in creating detailed to-do tasks, reminders, shopping lists, and similar features. From organizing the latest home improvement project to making sure your shopping trip fits within your budget envelopes for this month, Omnifocus 2 is the ideal complementary app to your finance pursuits.
You can buy OmniFocus 2 for $39.99