Nothing lasts forever; not even your Mac. Despite its advanced security updates and features, your Mac is not immune to cyber attacks and data breaches.
- Best External Drive For Backup
- Mac Backup Devices
- Best Backup Hdd For Mac
- Best Backup Hard Drive For Macbook Air
These are the best external hard drives for Macs and Macbook Pros that can be used to backup files and Time Machine outside of your Mac’s internal drive. The best way to protect your files is through using any of our best online backup solutions and we have made a further selection of the very best cloud backup for Mac. Whatever your reason for wanting to find out the best way to back up your Mac, we aim to help you come up with a Mac backup plan. Option 2: Use backup software to clone your hard drive. USB-C is certainly the port of the future, so grabbing a USB-C hard drive for your MacBook or MacBook Pro is the best way to take all of your files, music, photos, and more with you wherever you go without clogging up your Mac's own hard drive.
Also, you can’t protect your System against sudden power failure which might render it non-functional. So it’s a good idea to keep a backup of your data files and nothing better than a mac backup software can do the job for you.
This article outlines the most reliable and best backup software for Mac available for you to save your personal and professional files.
Best Mac Backup Software
1. Right Backup
Price – $14.99/per month
One of the best backup software Mac, Right Cloud Backup, comes up with an automatic 12-hour scheduler, to update your data in every 12 hours. Let’s look at the features:
- Right Backup provides you with two options to restore your data: Smart Restore and Custom Restore. Smart Restore option lets you restore selective folders quickly, wherein Custom Restore option enables you to restore the files you want manually.
- As it is compatible with multiple platforms, you can access your data anytime, anywhere and from any device with a single Right Backup account.
- If you ever lose your device, you don’t need to worry about the data it contains if you have got it all backed up in your Right Backup account. All you need to do is log in to your account and retrieve the documents, photos, music or videos that you want back. Get it here
2. Time Machine –
Pre Installed as part of Mac OS X/macOS Leopard and later
Another best backup solution for mac is Time Machine. It is brilliant inbuilt appple backup software for Mac. Let’s look at the features of the same:
- It is great for incremental backups that enable you to recover data that has been accidentally deleted.
- If the system crashes and you have lost the data, Time Machine will recover the data for you. Moreover, it makes it necessary to reinstall the OS on a new drive and start from scratch.
- It is not that safe as it has a single-destination backup strategy, so you should have a dual strategy. To do that, you need to regularly create backups to a different destination as well, be it an external hard drive or a cloud storage service in addition to Time Machine backups. Know More
Also Read: Best Mac Cleaner Software to Optimize and Clean your Mac
3. Carbon Copy Cloner –
Price – £32.25
Carbon Copy Cloner is one of the best backup software available for Mac. Let’s look at the features:
- As the name suggests, it allows you to make a clone of your Mac’s boot disk which means it enables you to copy every bit of data.
- The software can also be used to backup specific folders and set them as a task. Moreover, you can schedule a task.
- You can also set to receive notifications when a task has run.
- Moreover, Carbon Copy Cloner can also execute a shell script before or after a task is run.
4. SuperDuper –
Price – $27.95
SuperDuper is another software which is widely used for cloning a Mac OS X disk. Let’s look at the features:
- Like Carbon Copy, it can create a bootable copy of your startup disk.
- It can copy a specific folder to any chosen destination.
- SuperDuper! has several pre-configured tasks in a drop down menu to choose from, once you’ve specified the source and destination.
- The software is popular because of a feature called Sandboxing, which allows you to install potentially risky drivers or system updates without fear of creating an unbootable or unworkable system or losing access to your critical personal data.
Also Read: Best Video Converter Software for Mac
5. Data Backup for Mac –
Price – $35
Data Backup for Mac is one of the best backup software for Mac due to its simple and flexible interface. Let’s take a look at the features:
- It allows you to choose from four different types of backups: clone; incremental; versioned and simple copy when you create a backup. You can also schedule the backup.
- Data Backup provides you with two ‘Quick Backup’ options: All documents to CD/DVD or ‘iPhoto and other Pictures’ to CD/DVD.
- You can also customize the backup set from scratch and specify your own source and destination, which can be another hard drive or a USB stick or any other device.
6. Acronis True Image on Mac
Price – From $34.99 to $59.99(Premium)
Yet another best backup software for Mac, Acronis True Image is multi platform software. Let’s check out the features.
- It protects everything with full image backup be it the operating system, programs, settings, files, or boot information.
- It enables you to backup to external drives, NAS devices, network shares, and the cloud. Back up phones and tablets.
- Acronis Notary™ is a feature which uses blockchain technology to ensure a file’s authenticity.
7. Crashplan –
Price – Free as local backup; from $59.99/year for offsite backup service
CrashPlan is one of the best free backup software for Mac as it offers the best way to backup and stores personal, business & enterprise data securely – offsite, onsite or on Cloud. Let’s look at the features:
- The only software which provides free local and offsite backup. Just install the software and start backing up whether off site or on CrashPlan servers.
- CrashPlan provides you with unlimited online backup storage. No storage size limits, bandwidth cap or file-type restrictions.
- It has a simple and clutter-free interface that makes it easy to use.
- It allows you to pause and restore backups. Moreover, if you have huge GBs of data to be restored, you don’t need to pause or restore every time you shutdown or restart your Mac, CrashPlan will automatically do it for you
Also Read: 15 Best Video Editing Software for Mac
8. Carbonite –
Price – From $59.99 per year (free trial available)
Carbonite is also a good iMac backup software for Mac. Let’s look at the features:
- Carbonite, personal cloud backup allows you to easily protect your files, photos and more.
- It provides you unlimited cloud storage.
- You can restore files with just a few clicks.
- All the files are safe as Carbonite encrypts your files at every step.
Best External Drive For Backup
Price – $5/month, or $50/year (15-day free trial available)
Backblaze is another online backup service which is one of the best mac backup software. Let’s take a look at the features:
- It not only secures your data on their servers with encryption but also uses two-factor authentication which sends you a code to your phone, adding an extra layer security.
- It allows you to sign in anywhere from any computer to download a zip file.
- The business version centralizes billing and administration, empowering you to manage your team’s backup needs.
Mac Backup Devices
10. ChronoSync –
Price – $49.99
Best Backup Hdd For Mac
This all in one tool is also considered to be the best backup software for Mac as it works for file synchronizations, backups, bootable backups and cloud storage as well. Let’s take a look at the features:
Best Backup Hard Drive For Macbook Air
- ChronoSync allows you to create filters for synchronization. These work in a similar way to smart searches in the Finder. You click ‘+’ to add a rule and then choose from filters and attributes.
- You can run sync or backup tasks on daily, weekly or monthly schedules.
- It sends email notifications on scheduled task completion.
Must Read: How To Check Disc Space On Mac
Best Backup Solution for Mac
Backing up your data is the wisest decision to keep your data secure and avoid data loss. A mac backup solution will help you ensure the protection. If you haven’t opted for a backup solution so far, we recommend you to have one as you never know when you get clutched in the hands of cybercriminals. In the worst case scenario, if your data gets stolen or lost, your backup solution will save the day.
Check out the list of some of the best apple backup software for Mac. Try them and let us know which one works for you.